Thursday, October 15, 2009

Body of Christ!

So last night I had the good fortune to happen upon a cinematic masterpiece; a masterpiece on the level of a Criterion release. This film is "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter".

THAT'S RIGHT! YOU read that right..."Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter."

Now think on this title for a second, dear reader. Think on the imagery that this title conjures. NOW hold that image for a bit, NOW MULTIPLY IT BY A THOUSAND! That is how badass this movie is. You are not ready for this level of cinematic bliss. I'm not even going to give you a full fledged review of this film, for I could not to it justice, BUT what I will do is relay to you the synopses that graces the back of this gem. After you read it, you MUST go out and experience this giant of a film. "Avatar" eat your heart out:

"The second coming is upon us, and Jesus has returned to Earth. But before he can get down to the serious busisness of juding the living and the dead, he has to contend with an army of vampires that can walk in the daylight.

Combing Kung-Fu action with biblical prophecy and a liberal dose of humor, the film teams The Savior with Mexican wrestling hero El Santos aganist mytholigical horrors and science gone mad, and also manages to address contemporary sexual politics. And did we mention that it was a musical? This sure ain't Sunday School"

....Balls.


2 comments:

  1. Oh awesome! I've heard of it but have yet to check it out. I recommend Hammer's The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. Make sure you see the unedited version.
    Great blog man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that one mate, but I do love me some Hammer Horror. I am jazzed as hell for the new one. Keep reading mate!

    ReplyDelete